DAMA is a global community of Data Management Professionals organised around local membership based chapters. The chapters are supported by DAMA-International who maintain the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK) and the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification.
DAMA’s primary purpose is to promote the understanding, development and practice of managing data and information as key enterprise assets to support the organisation.
DAMA UK is a local chapter, and our aim is to nurture a community of data professionals in the UK who champion the value of data management. The benefits of membership are based on our four main offerings.Knowledge Sharing and Networking
We run four to six events every year based around themes that are of interest to our members. We aim to vary the location by organising regional events in order to make the events as accessible as possible.
Full information is available at http://cdmp.info including a calendar of training sessions available in the UK
- CDMP Certification is run by DAMA-I with local support in terms of training and preparation available from DAMA-UK
- Professional certification is an indication of knowledge, skills and experience in a field. DAMA International has constructed the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation. The certification program gives data management professionals the opportunity to show professional growth that can enhance their personal and career goals.
- Professionals participate in continuing education to stay current with best practices and to further develop specialised skills. Most data management training is generally focused on developing skills with specific technology products. The focus on technical training can mask the fact that Data Management is a business function.
- We aim to run webinars every month on a variety of topics of interest to our members.
- Webinars are an effective way to tap into the professional community. As webinars are recorded, they can be watched at a time that suits, making them very accessible
- We are always looking for new speakers to contribute to the webinars, so they are also an opportunity for our members to showcase their expertise.
MentoringFree mentoring is available to all members of DAMA UK. This is especially valuable for members who are preparing for CDMP exams or those who are embarking on new and challenging roles.
- Corporate Membership - £350
- Individual Membership - £50
- Student Membership - £25
Please note that DAMA UK is not VAT registered.
For further information regarding membership please contact us.